New Classic Standalone with 2.9.0

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 4 16:06:19 EDT 2008

Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> Hi Jacqi,
>
> Didn't get the -199 error, but couldn't find the application that
> created it, so wouldn't open. After transferring the zipped file to my
> G4, I unzipped it with the Stuffit Expander. Should I have used
> something else?

That should have worked. But if you are getting a message that the OS
can't find the application that "created" it, that means the OS doesn't
recognize the file as an application. Usually that means the creator and
type codes aren't set right. In the Standalone Settings dialog, you need
to make sure that the document type is set to "APPL". The Creator
signature can be a code you've registered with Apple, or (for your own
use) any 4-character code you invent, or you can just leave it as the
default "????".

Set those and try rebuilding.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com