update to 2.9? --

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 15:29:15 EDT 2008

Whenever I update RunRev to a new version all of my database connection
scripts stop working. This time I can't even get SQLite to connect in the
Database query builder (although it appeared to work at first).
What I need is a very simple SQLite connection test. I need to know if
somehow my install of RunRev 2.9 is corrupted somewhere (I have notice other
symptoms -- editing a script and then trying it requires two tries before it
works -- you edit, compile, try it and nothing happens and then try again
and it works).

Also the Database Query builder connection window is changed but the
documentation does not have a simple picture of the correct way to fill it
out. I assume user name and password is unnecessary and database name is the
same as the one you pointed to in host.

I have tried many combinations of ways to fill it out and when I hit the
"connect" button nothing happens. For a while I got an error message "check
your connection fields" now nothing happens or sometimes just a crash of
RunRev.

I'm have spent the last five hours reading documentation and looking for
answers and trying everything.