Reversing a list

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 07:43:47 EDT 2008

Sarah Reichelt wrote:

"And the winner is......."

and  jolly well done to Jacque!

HOWEVER, what naive types like me would like to know
are:

1. How did you time these routines ?

For the sake of argument, I hardly had time to take a
gulp of coffee before mine was done: presumably you
don't do timings in gulps, semi-gulps, demi-semi-gulps
and so on.

2. Although it is very clever (I, for one, had a bit
of fun having a try) to write a routine that reverses
a list a few demi-semi-gulps faster than another,
until we are all using super computers to find out the
question for 42 (pace Douglas Adams) I wonder why
those few micro-gulps really might matter ?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.