Pasting from Excel 2.9 - kray

Bryan McCormick bryan at deepfoo.com
Wed Apr 2 11:31:42 EDT 2008

Ken,

That is very odd that you got 2.8.1 to work with Excel 2002. Mind you I
am on 2.8.1 with Excel 2003. The same issue presents with OpenOffice
though regardless of Rev version.

I guess I never had the combo of 2002/2.8.1 since I had upgraded to 2003
before I had 2.8.1. Multi-version combo hell is clearly a risk. It never
would have occurred to me (nor is it even possible) to roll back to 2002
and try it.

Thing is this had been a problem pretty much forever with both MC and
Rev so it must have been a moment of grace by sheer luck that had 2002
and 2.8.1 working properly.

To review the issues that failed were color, improper handling of comma
separated numeric values and the row/column delimiters.

It would be great to see the new incarnation of the fix in whatever RC
this ends up being.

See you all in Vegas