SuckUp-SpitOut OS9 app

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Tue Apr 1 03:34:32 EDT 2008

While I seem able to suck up a Windows executable (into a custom prop)
and then spit it out in working order, I'm having trouble doing the
same with Mac OS9 applications.

In addition to sucking up the application with < url ("binfile:" &
tPathToApp) >

I also get the resource fork using  <  get URL ("resfile:" &
tPathToApp) >

I then reconstitute the application with  <  put (the uApplication of
this stack)  into URL ("binfile:" & tInstallPath)  >

and reset the resources using <  put (the uAppResource of this stack)
into URL ("resfile:" & tInstallPath)  >

ResEdit shows the resources for the reconstituted OS9 app to be in
place but something obviously isn't quite right as the app loses its
icon and opens with TextEdit when double-clicked.  I'm hoping someone
will know what I'm doing wrong...

Enterprise  2.9.0 rc-4
PPC OSX 10.5  (&  10.2)

Thanks