ZIP Library Details?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Sep 28 02:23:56 EDT 2007

I can confirm the same result- global seems to be reporting item.

With a brand new stack, this script:

on doIt
     revZipSetProgressCallback "myZipProgressHandler"
     answer file "find zip"
     put it into tArchive
     revZipOpenArchive tArchive, "read"
     put revZipEnumerateItems(tArchive) into tItems
     breakpoint
     repeat for each line tFile in tItems
         revZipExtractItemToFile tArchive, tFile, "/" & tFile
     end repeat
     pGlobalProgress
     revZipCloseArchive tArchive
end doIt

on myZipProgressHandler pArchive, pItem, pType, pItemProgress,
pItemTotal, pGlobalProgress, pGlobalTotal
     if the endValueSet of scrollbar "dlProgress" <> "true" then
         set the endvalue of scrollbar "dlProgress" to pItemTotal
         set the endValueSet of scrollbar "dlProgress" to true
     end IF
     set the thumbpos of scrollbar "dlProgress" to pItemProgress
     if pItemProgress = pItemTotal then
         set the endValueSet of scrollbar "dlProgress" to false
     end IF
end myZipProgressHandler

produces the expected result - the scrollbar repeats as each item is
extracted.

However, when changing all

pItemTotal to pGlobalTotal

and all

pItemProgress to pGlobalProgress

results are identical.

As you say, with the global values I would expect the pGlobalTotal
number to reflect the total archive size, and the pGlobalProgress to
reflect progress of extracting the entire archive...

A bug? Or is there another syntax that produces the desired result?