Quicktime on Windows

curry at pair.com curry at pair.com
Thu Sep 27 07:02:31 EDT 2007

>I'm on a Mac at the moment but if you are testing in the IDE,  under
>Rev's General preferences there is a check box for "Load QuickTime on
>startUp" and a tool tip that suggests setting dontUseQT will fail if
>Rev does loads QT on startup.  Perhaps this preference is turned on?

No, this pref was off when I wanted to test without QT. And unless I made
a mistake in testing, the specific QT behaviors I mentioned persisted
although QT was disabled, until I actually uninstalled QT. I am aware of
the differences in behavior because I've used .mid and sound files in some
games, so I noticed right away when the QT behaviors persisted.

Obviously, the disadvantage is not being able to test for QT and non-QT
user scenarios unless there is an easier way than un/installation. I'm
hoping to find an easier way to switch. I think I made no mistake, but
when I install QT again (it's uninstalled right now) I'll retest with a
very simple stack just to make sure, since I was using a complex stack--a
nearly finished game--before.

Curry