ANN: MikMod External (mod and mod-like playing library forMacOS X)

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Tue Sep 25 10:07:55 EDT 2007

On Sep 24, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> I try to avoid macros in programming whenever
> possible, exactly for reasons like this. They're easily prone to
> the law of
> unintended consequences. I'm not sure why Mark saw fit to write the
> external.h file in that manner, as I think there are better ways to
> get the
> desired result without having to resort to macros that invoke
> macros, but as
> always, there are many ways to get where you're going.

I agree completely about the trip-up potential of macros, but the
niftiness of macros is just too seductive. I can't resist. I confess
I use them extensively to simplify my C code (for reading) while
complexifying it (for debugging). I often wish for them in scripting
situations—just to cut down on typing—but imagine the nightmare for
newbies!

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.