Sortable Lists

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Sep 25 04:12:01 EDT 2007

Hi Mike,

Rev does not provide this then you have to create it using images as
buttons icons.
You need five images:
. Blue when selected.
. Blue on mouseDown on the selected column.
. Light gray on mouseDown on another column.
These images will be 16 or 32 pixels wide (very light) and you'll
stretch them in Rev then lock them to make them wider than the wider
column in your list.
. Two gray triangles.

Fortunately, this kind of list seems to be used in Leopard as it is
now in Tiger:
http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/macosxleopard/0608wwdc/source/
mailrss.html
So your work will not be lost in a few weeks...

Have fun :-)

Le 25 sept. 07 à 08:44, Mike Hughes a écrit :

> I would like to create a very Mac-like list of items with rows and
> columns and have it sortable exactly like the Finder's "as List"
> view. So if you click on a column heading, it makes that heading
> aqua blue and sorts either descending or ascending on that column.
>
> How do I create such a list in Revolution? I've noticed this type
> of interface is common in Cocoa apps (iTunes, Cog, etc.) I have the
> sorting code figured out, its more just the interface that has
> stumped me. Do I have to create the interface from scratch to
> resemble that style?

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.