Add Ask Answer Dialogs to your stack

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Sep 22 14:52:15 EDT 2007

Tereza Snyder wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2007, at 3:42 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> Sometimes one wants to add the Rev Ask and Answer dialogs to a stack so
>> that they are available when run from  a standalone splash engine stack
>>
>> What is the easiest way?
>>

> 1) Clone the Ask and Answer dialogs. They'll get new "copy of.." names.
> 2) Make them substacks of your splash stack without changing the names.
> 3) In your startup script in the splash stack, include statements like:
>
> If not(there is a stack "Answer dialog") then
>  set the name of stack "Copy of stack Answer dialog" to "Answer dialog"
> end if
>
> 4) proceed as usual

Teresa.. this worked great... just a small "tweak"

After cloning, the copy is named

"Copy of Answer Dialog"  not "Copy of stack Answer Dialog"

Once I realized that, your script works great...

set the name of stack "Copy of Answer dialog" to "Answer dialog"

I actually added them to the "main" stack.. since my splash engine
has already been deployed... and it's the mainstack that is being
downloaded on demand and which I can dynamically update anytime

And, the RunRev logo is gone from those dialog stacks....

tks