Anyone get barcodes to print/scan on a Mac?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 04:23:47 EDT 2007

Not on a Mac, but on Linux, but the issue might be the same.

The problem might be the start/stop character.  When you use a TT barcode font
you have to manually put in the start/stop character.  In Windows it is ! and
in Linux its *.

I've done this fine with a 3of9 free font from IDAutomation, and it seems to
work at whatever font size used.  I simply type in the desired code and then
precede and follow it with * after which it works fine.  But if the keyboard
wedge were to be used to read data into a Windows program, one would have to
precede and follow with !

I've also used a barcode generator.

The problem I met here was generating barcodes as images and then resizing
them.  When resized they mostly did not work.  However, when generated from
the generating application (kbarcode) in the appropriate size, they always
work.

Peter