Legacy and file format issues

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Fri Sep 14 09:26:13 EDT 2007

Richmond,

I don't think it's going to be that easy. If all that changed between
versions was the short prologue at the beginning, why would they
change the format at all? There is probably more to it than a simple
find/replace on the front of the stack is going to fix.

Besides that, I don't see what you are trying to accomplish. If you
don't own a current version of Rev, what is your purpose in trying to
convert your stacks to the new format? And if you *do*, I believe
saving in legacy format is a scriptable task.

HTH,
Brian

> So, couldn't resist it and opened a legacy format
> stack as a text file (i.e. imported it into field
> "fENTER") and tried this:
>
>   replace oldTEX with newTEX in fld "fENTER"
>
> where oldTEX is:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # MetaCard 2.4 stack
> # The following is not ASCII text,
> # so now would be a good time to q out of more

> exec mc $0 "$@"
>

>                    Í  TEST  à@    Ä  © mêê
>            ˇˇˇˇ
cREVGeneral