Legacy and file format issues

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 13 15:40:39 EDT 2007

Howard Bornstein wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>> In a standalone:
>>
>>     set the stackFileVersion to "2.4"
>
> Thanks Richard!  That did the trick.
>
> However, I find it interesting that no reference to stackFileVersion is
> included in the Rev dictionary, neither in normal or deep search. It is also
> not mentioned in the following files in the 2.8.1 release: Read Me First,
> IDE Change List, Engine Change Log, or What's New. Nor is it available in
> the PDF documentation file.
>
> So where is this information supposed to be found? This could have been a
> product killer for me. How come this critical piece of information is
> invisible?

Good question.  It used to be in the Read Me, marked as an item likely
to be deprecated in future versions, which is presumably why it isn't in
the dictionary.

But I agree that it may be at least another year before its usefulness
wanes sufficiently to drop it altogether, so perhaps you could file a BZ
request to have it reinstated in the Read Me for as long as it's available.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal