Legacy and file format issues

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:35:50 EDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Howard Bornstein wrote:
> > The problem I'm having is that I can not find any way to save stacks in
> the
> > legacy format from within my program.
>
> In a standalone:
>
>     set the stackFileVersion to "2.4"

Thanks Richard!  That did the trick.

However, I find it interesting that no reference to stackFileVersion is
included in the Rev dictionary, neither in normal or deep search. It is also
not mentioned in the following files in the 2.8.1 release: Read Me First,
IDE Change List, Engine Change Log, or What's New. Nor is it available in
the PDF documentation file.

So where is this information supposed to be found? This could have been a
product killer for me. How come this critical piece of information is
invisible?

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein