Tray icon transparency (XP and Vista)

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Sep 7 13:07:33 EDT 2007

Hi Ken,

As you know it since we exchanged some emails about this, I know well
STSTray.
It's a great product with many more possibilities than the rev
feature :-)
But, if I remember well (you'll correct me :-), it uses VB and
inserts a process in the task manager list I can't rename or set the
icon by myself.
For a 'whole world' commercial application, I can't allow such a
behavior :-(
If I could rename it and set its icon, probably I would switch
immediately to use it again!

Le 7 sept. 07 à 18:58, Ken Ray a écrit :

> On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:11:37 +0200, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I use the 'icon' unsupported feature and even if I would be pleased
>> with some features added (like being able to bold a menu item, to
>> call the menu using a left click, etc.) I wonder why the 16*16 pixels
>> PNG (with transparency) I use is perfectly displayed everywhere
>> except in Win tray where transparency is lost and replaced by solid
>> colors?
>> Any hint would be greatly appreciated :-)
>>
>> PS. Same issue on XP SP2 and Vista.
>
> Also, if for some reason you can't get Rev's 'icon' feature to do what
> you want, or you want to be able to have the tray icon exist even if
> your Rev app is closed, you might want to take a look at STSTray if
> you
> haven't already:
>
>   http://www.sonsothunder.com/products/ststray/ststray.htm
>
> It might just do what you want it to do...
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
> Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/