revdb_execute problem

paolo mazza paolo.mazza at neol.it
Wed Sep 5 06:13:10 EDT 2007

Hi Mark, you wrote:

>With my experience using MS SQL, you define one statement (such as your
>UPDATE), then on the next line type in "go" (without the double quotes),
>then on the next line your next statement, then the "go" on the next line,
>etc. The program "throws" that to SQL and executes all the statements,
>sequentially.
>I haven't tried this from Rev, but we use this in our product whenever we
>deliver a "patch" for a customer to update/fix data - no problem.

I tryed this. It does not work with the revExecuteSQL command.
I got this error message from the MySQL server:
"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'go ..."

Ciao Paolo

Paolo Mazza
NEOL SRL
Società partecipata da Università di Padova
via N. Tommaseo 84
35131 - Padova (Italy)
Tel 049- 2050147 - Fax 049-7964386
www.neol.it