AppleScript on Windows?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 16:17:12 EDT 2007

--- Dan Friedman <dan at clearvisiontech.com> wrote:
> Greetings!  This isn't really a "revolution"
> question, but...  It's easy to
> get the album art from iTunes on a Mac with
> AppleScript.  Anyone know how to
> get the album art from iTunes on a Windows computer?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> -Dan

Hi Dan,

The closest thing that Windows has to the AppleEvents
mechanism that is the heart of AppleScript, is the COM
model. iTunes implements the COM model and can be
steered from other applications, including the
extraction of album information.
The easiest way to do this from Revolution, is to
create a VBScript in a text file, execute that through
a shell function, and work it from there.
Check out this knowledge base article from Redmond:
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/funzone/tunes.mspx>

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====