Vista peculiarities

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 04:10:27 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I have just got access to a Vista system, so I have been trying to get
my Pic-a-POD program <http://www.troz.net/Pic-a-POD/> Vista
compatible.

I had some problems with file paths. I was trying to save the pictures
to "username/Documents/My Pictures/Pic-a-POD". Vista assured me that
this folder existed (even though it doesn't), then put the pictures
into "username/Pictures/Pic-a-POD" and then couldn't load the into the
display after saving them! So when saving it translated the folder
name to what it though was appropriate, but for loading it didn't.
However once I had worked that out, it was easy enough to overcome.
For anyone who needs to know, the systemVersion returns "NT 6.0" for
Vista.

The second problem is not so easy to fix. The menubar has a pale blue
background and nothing I can do will get rid of it or change it. The
group is set to opaque and all it's colors are inherited. The color is
associated with the group, not the indivdual buttons as it changes
size if I change the group's margins.

I notice that the pale blue color is the same as the Vista standard
menubar color but I would have assumed that Rev's menu bar system
using a group of buttons would not be susceptible to this. If there is
no way round this, then I guess I can make the group resize to the
full width of the window. That would look better even if not what I
wanted.

My final problem is that every now & then I click and Rev just shuts
down. There is no crash dialog like on Mac, so I don't know what to
report. Is there a way to get the crash logs on Vista?

Cheers,
Sarah