Geometry in latest version of RunRev

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 31 20:07:31 EDT 2007

Dave wrote:

> On 31 Oct 2007, at 23:37, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> What sort of layout were you working on that riggered this "panic"?
>
> I very simple resize of some fields and move the button at the
> bottom. Had everything ready for a demo and then they said, could you
> just.........
>
> All I wanted was to quickly have something that just worked, but I
> couldn't risk all the object flying off into outer space, so in the
> end bodged up something for the demo.
>
> I'd like something that was half way standard that I could use in all
> my scripts.

What do you mean by "standard"?

I just handle the resizeStack message myself.  As a simple example, this
handler will cover a simple stack with a field and two buttons at the
bottom:

on resizeStack x,y
    set the rect of fld "Main" to 20,8,x-20,y-48
    set the bottomRight of btn "OK" to x-20,y-20
    set the bottomRight of btn "Cancel" to \
      (the left of btn "OK"-12),y-20
end resizeStack

--
  Richard Gaskin