Rev will be Leopard ready

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Oct 30 12:45:05 EDT 2007

> Well first of all, many people have the "I'll wait until
> Service Pack 1 is out" (Windows) or "I'll wait until 10.x.1
> is out" (Mac) attitude, and this is a legitimate perspective.
> I have Leopard installed on an external drive at the moment
> to do testing, etc., but I'm not going to upgrade right away
> - I'm waiting to hear what works/doesn't work before I make
> the move, and may even wait until "10.5.1" is out.
>
> Of course people buying new machines or are early adopters
> don't have this opportunity, but for those with existing
> machines, I've found it just doesn't pay to jump the gun and
> adopt an OS upgrade as soon as it comes out, unless there's
> really no other choice.

I agree with Ken - new machine buyers have little choice (except those who
dump Vista and go back to XP Pro ;-)) but companies, other than maybe Mac OS
X developers and extreme enthusiasts, are not usually in a rush to upgrade
to the latest and greatest. The latest and greatest may just kill that
custom accounting system for example and that could wipe out the company.

I know of several corporations that were rolling out Windows 2000 even as
Vista appeared. Once you know you have a platform that works, and you are
utterly dependent on that platform - why rush?

Valentina hasn't had any issues reported yet on Leopard (or Vista), but then
again it doesn't have to worry about the GUI side of life or anything
outside its singular expertise. I also think if you look around, every
non-Apple tool is experiencing some issues with Leopard - so what else is
new? ;-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software