Rev 2.8.1 NOT Leopard ready!

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Oct 30 10:25:35 EDT 2007

On 30/10/07 12:00, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

> today we installed OS X 10.5 on one of our machines and did some tests
> with our new project, which uses a lot of "metal" windows.
>
> Result:
> The app is completely unusable!
> All windows/stacks go empty when suspending and most of the time stay
> blank/empty when resuming or even open blank.
>
> We did not test the IDE yet and probably won't until 2.9 comes out.
> (Still waiting for dp2 for about two months.)
>
> This is desastrous and embarrassing since we wanted to show our app
> on the
> german "MacLiveExpo" in mid-november here in Cologne.
> "Does it run on Leopard? Erm... no..."
>
> We are very disappointed :-/

Its not really surprising that Rev 2.8.1 doesn't run perfectly on Leopard
given that it shipped many months before that OS.  Mostly it does run ok,
but there are some cosmetic issues, in particular with metal.  We'll address
those in 2.9.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools