The Documentation

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 28 17:20:30 EDT 2007

Light and parsimonious are too different things.  The HyperCard books
are big because they are fairly exhaustive, but the exposition is
tight with well-chosen yet relatively simple examples that encourage
you to think of other uses for the commands and functions.
Mathematica has made some progress in that the newest version has a
built-in Documentation Centre that provides increasingly technical
material only incrementally.  A search for something will give you
just its definition or function and syntax; dig a little more and you
get basic examples; then you can click "reveal" triangles to get
scope, generalizations and extensions, options, applications,
properties, and finally crazy rocket scientist examples.  It's a
welcome change to a program that has steep learning curve.

Regards,

	Gregory

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007, at 1:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com