libURLDownloadToFile stops downloading on status = requested

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Fri Oct 26 17:54:59 EDT 2007

Created an updater for my application and now stuck with a problem -
libURLDownloadToFile freezes while attempting to download 4 Mb size
Revolution stack from my own website. libURLSetStatusCallback returns
"requested" and here it stops for eternity. Server log contains no
errors but file is not being downloaded. What could be a possible reason
for this? I would expect Revolution's internet library to return at
least "error", "timeout" or empty on failure, but it simply stops at
"requested" point. Does not hang, crash, whatsoever - just stops
downloading the file...

Besides, it works with html or any other smaller text files and it
worked a few days ago with that stack before it reached 4 Mb size ..-_

Scripts are as simple (paths changed) as:
on mouseUp
  libURLDownloadToFile
"http://www.myserver.net/hm/update.bin","update.tmp","downloadComplete"
  libURLSetStatusCallback "showStatus", the long ID of me
end mouseUp

on showStatus theURL,theStatus
  put theURL && theStatus into fld "fStatus" of stack "Updater"
end showStatus

Would I deliberately change url to any nonexisting filename on server,
it returns "error" as expected.

any good ideas or suggestions are very welcome :-)
Viktoras