The Documentation

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at ensmp.fr
Thu Oct 25 17:38:11 EDT 2007

Le 16 oct. 07, à 22:42, Richmond Mathewson a écrit :

> François Chaplais wrote:
>
> "version 2.6.1... looks much better organized than in
> version 2.8.1"
>
> Hmm, there is a question of licencing here; but (?) I
> suppose people who own licences to 2.8.1 may in some
> way be allowed access to components from 2.6.1.

A fine point here actually. I do not have access to the 2.6.1
documentation. At this second, I am considering a "buttons for dummies"
stack which, among other things, point to the Rev docs. I do not want
to go into the details of parsing the "official" Revolution doc, so I
will be happy with a simple copy and paste of the doc. I can check the
"environment" to see if the user is in development mode, to make sure
the user has legal access to the doc anyway. If the people at Runtime
Revolution are not over sensitive over the display of their
documentation, this would be fine.
Anybody from runRev can attempt an answer to this issue in this mailing
list?

Very best
	Francois

> It is extremely simple to hive-off the Documentation
> stack from 2.6.1 as a renamed stack so that 2.8.1
> users could have it as a documentation source.
> Obviously it does not contain the updated stuff such
> as "Launch document".
>
> Love, Richmond

Francois Chaplais
35 rue Saint-Honore