Interactive Documentation — what's needed?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 23 17:53:25 EDT 2007

Josh Mellicker wrote:
> It would take me a few hours (mostly to export/import/format the
> current doc content)
>
> The cost would be, I will do it if enough people say they'll use it!
>
> Editing authority is pretty easy, invite anyone to have an account,
> since there is an infinite revision history it would be easy to
> revert in case of spam (just like wikipedia)

There's the copyright consideration, but also there's a certain cohesive
benefit in having the docs right in the program, to look up tokens while
scripting, etc.

I wonder if it would be easier to use Rev as the UI for this wiki, with
a plugin that mods the Docs stack to add this wiki option.

That would still deliver the benefits of a wiki, while retaining the
benefits of integrated Help, and saves the time of crafting a UI in
HTML/JavaScript.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal