Replacing a stack

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Oct 22 09:52:56 EDT 2007

At 6:44 PM -0400 10/21/2007, Shari wrote:
>When the app launches it checks the versions, and discovers that the
>stack in the Prefs folder needs to be replaced.  So it deletes that
>stack.  In testing I have it answer someMessage and with the answer
>window open, can verify that the old stack is indeed deleted from
>the prefs folder.
>
>It then decompresses the stackData of the app and puts it into
>binfile:prefsLocation.  I know beyond a doubt that the stackData has
>the right version of 10.
>
>But after it decompresses and creates the new Prefs stack, I check
>the version and it's 7, the same version of the deleted stack.

Execute the revert command after you download the preferences stack:

   revert stack prefsLocation

What the revert command does is reload the stack from the copy on
disk, replacing the copy in memory. Since the disk copy is the new
version, this will suck the new version into memory, replacing the
old one.
--
Jeanne A. E. DeVoto, Transcript Language Curmudgeon
revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com