OT: 4D Acius DBase Completely Re-written with SQL back end

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:40:21 EDT 2007

Um, 4D has supported ODBC for a very long time, so I'm unclear how
your team thinks this is going to change things.

SQL Support in 4Dv11 (the version that was just released, and was
being discussed at the Summit) was primarily to allow the embedding of
SQL in 4D code.  There are certainly circumstances where I think this
is a wonderful development.

However, since 4D has supported ODBC (and therefore SQL queries) for
quite a while, I'm curious how you think this makes things easier for
RR.