Opening a PFD - What am I doing wrong??

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Sun Oct 21 12:46:40 EDT 2007

Does anyone know why this doesn¹t work?  I can¹t seem to get a PDF to open
(in Acrobat) on Windows.  Rev is doing it successfully in their docs (they
have a revGoPFD command that I can¹t trace into.  They are calling it from
mouseUp in the script of card ³User Guide² of stack ³revdocumentation.rev².
I have tried a bizillion variations of the script below.  I can get Acrobat
to launch, but if I supply a document, it fails ­ I get a hour glass for a
moment, and then nothing.  And the result is empty.  UG!

on mouseUp
  answer file "Select PDF:"
  put it into fPath

  --launch document fPath ‹ This doesn¹t work either!

  put
queryRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroExch.Document\shell\open\command\")
into acroPath
  put word 1 to -2 of acroPath into acroPath
  put char 2 to -2 of acroPath into acroPath

  --launch acroPath  --THIS WORKS
  launch fPath with acroPath  --THIS FAILS!!
end mouseUp

Thank you in advance,
Dan