OS X - Parental Controls: can't start my runrev runtime

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 18 11:33:54 EDT 2007

Ian Wood wrote:

> On 17 Oct 2007, at 22:52, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> So I then modified the plist within that app's bundle, and a key
>> and string as you noted, and I get the same prompt.
>
> Remember that the Finder doesn't look into the plist file
> automatically when you change the file. :(
>
> I zip the app, delete the original and unzip it, this forces the
> Finder to look again.

After doing this I still got the "...does not work with the limitations
you have selected" error when I tried to add the app to the account
permissions in the Accounts control panel.

But interestingly, I find that when I log into that account I can still
run that app in that limited account.

Ah, the mysteries of Apple's security mechanisms....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal