Seeking feedback for DocXLib

curry at pair.com curry at pair.com
Wed Oct 17 09:48:22 EDT 2007

For those of you who were interested in this feature, and for others who
might be: I'm looking for more testing and feedback for the MS Word 2007
import library. If you have Word 2007 .docx or .xml files and would like
to test them, I'd appreciate knowing how it works for you.

The current version documentation and demo stack are pretty simple, so
here are a few extra notes. The download archive for the DocXLib library
must be unzipped before using. You must choose a .docx or .xml file;
legacy Word .doc files are not supported at this point. You'll need Rev
2.7.3 or later. Revolution Media will only be able to open .xml files, not
.docx. Word 2007 files are supported, but Word 2003 .xml files will not be
rendered very well at this point--support for 2003 files will be addressed
in an update.

If you try it, please send me off-list a note of any problems (or the fact
that you had no problems) and your operating system, Rev version, and any
symptoms--along with an attachment of the Word document that you tested,
if you had problems, and any other comments or thoughts you may have.
Thank you! (I've had a report of a blank area where text should be--if
that happens to you, please highlight that area and see if it is text that
is white/same as background color.)

Info and download here:

http://curryk.com/docx.html

Best wishes,