creating scalable web application in rev using mod_load_balancer

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Oct 16 22:31:11 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Dave Cragg <dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk> wrote:

> > I would utilize a subset of Transcript for basic business logic, along
> > with a communication layer which helped move information back and
> > forth to the server.
>
> This is where my thinking usually stops. :-)
>
> If this Transcript subset is too limited, you might ask why not code
> the thing directly in JavaScript/AcionScript directly. I think most
> of us enjoy Rev for the ease with which we can make fairly complex
> things. Could we tolerate the restrictions?
>
> How outlandish is the idea of a full (or reasonably full) Transcript
> to JavaScript translator? Or a Transcript interpretor written in
> Javascript? I'd wager $50 that it's impossible. Any takers?

Dave,

I'm sorry, but my own communication skills here have gotten the better
of me. What I actually mean by "subset of Transcript for basic
business logic" is the code which is written in the IDE which is
translated to the J in AJAX, namely Javascript (and HTML). And the
communication layer I'm referring to is the generated AJAX
communicating with Andre's server.

So, the only Transcript to Javascript (and HTML and CSS) converter I
am talking about, is converting a single card to a web page. The idea
being there would of course be custom properties of some of the
controls. For instance there would need to be a 'uPercentageWidth'
property for fields, which if true would allow fields to be stretched
with the browser window. There's probably many more like that.

This could, IMO, create a quick little app framework, but probably not
a business-class type product.

-Chipp