creating scalable web application in rev using mod_load_balancer

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 16 19:06:43 EDT 2007

Dave Cragg wrote:
>> Rev allows so much more than a browser does that it may be a better
>> question to ask:  "What do I want to present in a browser?"
>
> I'm not sure that's a valid question. I hate browser based apps, so
> my answer would be "nothing". But clients/users think different.
> Some of them want nuclear fusion in the browser.

I'm a big fan of solving real-world problems.  Nuclear fusion isn't
possible in any browser, so of course we wouldn't want to tackle it.  :)

But what real things do these clients want to do?

I'm doing a Rev-to-Web port of one of my apps soon, and for the limited
range of things we need to do it's not that hard.

For the subset of things for which the browser is a good choice, I'll
bet your clients could be well-served with a similar level of effort.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal