creating scalable web application in rev using mod_load_balancer

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 16 18:25:42 EDT 2007

Dave Cragg wrote:
> How outlandish is the idea of a full (or reasonably full) Transcript
> to JavaScript translator? Or a Transcript interpretor written in
> Javascript? I'd wager $50 that it's impossible. Any takers?

$50 is too low for a sucker bet. :)

Rev allows so much more than a browser does that it may be a better
question to ask:  "What do I want to present in a browser?"

Once that subset is defined, one could craft a set of libraries in both
Transcript and JavaScript which would facilitate a web port easily enough.

That's pretty much the approach ToolBook took with much of its web
deployment, identifying a useful subset of common tasks suitable for the
web and then providing matching libraries and translators.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal