Doing in RR what we used to do in HC.

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:17:31 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:

> The fact remains that it is up to the one between the keyboard and
> the seat to do most 'conversion' from HC to Revolution. But this is
> not a bad thing.

I fully agree.

Lets face it, in the grand scheme of things what could be easier than
converting HC to Rev... HC to RealBasic => no, HC to Xcode => definitely
NOT, HC to Java => forget it,  HC to C++ => not in my lifetime.

And whilst being able to drag a HC stack onto Rev and have it open 100%
converted would be a nice dream, to me it's a bit like saying "I wish my 07
Ford Mustang was like the good old Model T - you could work on it and fix
anything, not all this complicated fuel injection and electronic engine
management" Yeah and no aircon, and no power steering and no performance etc
etc etc.

Yes, whilst the process of conversion may be tedious, I'm with Stephen in
that, in the end, you'll have better code, better functionality, better
performance and learned ALOT about Rev along the way. For the Inventive
user, I'll guarantee their horizons will be expanded to all sorts of
'creations' not possible in HC.

Lastly, there is a 100% comprehensive list of all HC conversion pitfalls and
remedies...You're on it ;-)