Doing in RR what we used to do in HC.

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 15:24:33 EDT 2007

On a fairly regular basis there crops up the question:

"How do you do such-and-such in Runtime Revolution
that I used to do in ZZZZZ way in Hypercard?"

even years after Hypercard has gone the way of all
flesh.

There seem to be 2 reasons for this:-

1. Changing from Hypercard to Runtime Revolution is
not as easy as
its producers would have us believe.

and

2. Nobody (that I know of) has sat down and written a
'table of equivalencies' to help the transition.

The latter could be integrated into the documentation
for RR.

Discuss . . .

Love, Richmond

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.