Emailing from within Revolution

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat Oct 13 19:02:56 EDT 2007

Paul, this is a basic script I use with Shao Sean's library, and
which seems to work well. Note that I there is no checking/validating
of the inputs, and I haven't provided for a subject line or tried to
do attachments or anything...

function sendAnEmail pSmtpServer, pFrom, pTo, pMsg
   put 0 into tries

   repeat until isOpen or tries > 5
     put smtpOpen(pSmtpServer,"","","","") into isOpen
     add 1 to tries
   end repeat
   if isOpen then
     put smtpSend(pFrom, pTo, pMsg) into tSent
     put smtpClose() into tClosed
     return isOpen & comma & tries & comma & tSent & comma & tClosed
   else
     return "couldn't send email: " & tries && "tries"
   end if

end sendAnEmail

pSmtpServer is the outgoing server to use eg  mailhost at yourIsp.com
pFrom is your email address, pTo is the recipients email address, and
pMsg is, well, the message.

Best,

Mark