Having two Rev exes talking to each other...

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Oct 11 15:11:18 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Thanks a lot to all of you who replied: Damien, Andre, Derek, Thierry
and Brent.
I get two main ideas:
. Sockets should work without being afraid of firewalls if this
occurs on the same machine.
. Another alternative could be (as it's usual with VB) to write a
temp file somewhere.
Am I right?

Le 11 oct. 07 à 19:11, Brent Anderson a écrit :

> Hello.
>
> I think sockets would be the way to go too. I believe the windows
> firewall only watches incoming and outgoing traffic on your network
> interface. Loopback (IP address 127.0.0.1 or hostname localhost)
> shouldn't be filtered at all and would be perfect for what you're
> talking about.
>
> Thanks,
> Brent Anderson

Best regards from Paris,