How know if a stack is maximized ?

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Tue Oct 9 13:10:09 EDT 2007

Damien,

I've run into the very same problem you are describing.  Here is how I
solved the problem on Windows:

1. Download the Externals Collection from the RunRev web site. (It's
unsupported, but it's free now).  Attach the external file to your stack.

2. Add the following function and command to your stack.

function maxCardRect
  set itemDelimiter to ","
  put screenRect() into maxRect
  put item 2 of ext_menuSize() into item 4 of maxRect
  put queryRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control
Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\CaptionHeight") into titleBarSize
  put abs(titleBarSize / "15") + 1 into titleBarSize
  put titleBarSize into item 2 of maxRect
  return maxRect
end maxCardRect

on moveStack
  get
setRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Stack\ScreenRect",(the
rect of stack "stackName"))
  pass moveStack
end moveStack

on resizeStack
  get
setRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Stack\ScreenRect",(the
rect of stack "stackName"))
  pass resizeStack
end resizeStack

3. Add the following code to your loading script. (Ex: preOpenStack,
preOpenCard, etc...)

put queryRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Stack\ScreenRect")
into newRect
  if (newRect is not empty) and ("-" is not in newRect) then
    if newRect = maxCardRect() then get ext_maxWindow() else set the
rect of this stack to newRect
  end if

What happens is that the external will find out from the system how
large the Task bar is.  Then the script gathers the size of the titlebar
and window borders.

After that, you do a comparison at the stack loading to see if the rect
of the stack window you saved in the registry is the same size as what a
"fullscreen" rect would be.

By the way, what you are asking for is an enhancement request on BugZilla.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com