latest rev newsletter - database stack

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 13:34:15 EDT 2007

Must be doing something wrong.  But what?

I downloaded and unpacked the database tutorial.  On the desktop there is now
a stack labelled databases.rev.

Open it from within the Beta, and an error message appears:

An error occurred.  Could not create SQLite database file
at "/sqlitesampledatabase.db".  Error.  When you do OK, a form now appears as
if there was a valid database out there someplace.  However, there is not one
in the Beta folder.

All the relevant stuff is in the home directory, so it can't be a permissions
problem.  Presumably this is relative addressing, so it should just create
the file in the folder where the Beta is?  Or do I have to put a full file
path in to stop it trying to access the root level of the installation?
Anyone else tried with a different OS?

Peter