SOAP Library

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Fri Oct 5 19:57:22 EDT 2007

I work with a couple of SOAP services, and frankly, I'm with Dave in
not really seeing the point of it. It seems to be a sledge-hammer to
crack a nut.

The approach I take is to make template requests with placeholders,
store them in custom properties, copy them into variables and fill
them in and post them as necessary. I then have handlers to deal with
each type of response. It's quite a lot of work for a SOAP service
with a lot of different methods, but you only have to address the
particular methods you're interested in, and it works well. It
doesn't produce a generalised SOAP library though.

Best,

Mark