How to tell is an "answer file" dialog is up?

Michael Binder runr at prismpole.com
Thu Oct 4 22:23:41 EDT 2007

> In one of my apps I'm taking advantage of Rev 2.8.1's improved menu
> updating to revise how I handle menu enabling and disabling.
>
> It's all working swell, with one exception:  What do I do when a file
> selection dialog is up, such as with "answer file" and "ask file"?

Hi Richard,

This is a problem I have encountered also.  By the way... why do we
even need to deal with this?  In most (all?) apps on the Mac, when a
modal is up the menus are all disabled.  I assume this is a HIG thing.
I always thought that the definition of a modal was that nothing could
be done except deal with the modal.  In rev, modals are not literally
modals if the menus are still available.

To answer your question about what to do, how about something like this:

get the openstacks
repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines of it
if line x of it is "mystack" then
   next repeat
else
   close stack (line x of it)
end repeat

or

get the openstacks
if the number of lines of it >1 then disableAllMenus

--Michael Binder