Unit Testing and Revolution

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 3 12:53:38 EDT 2007

Ben Rubinstein wrote:
> Has anyone done any work with unit testing and Revolution, perhaps towards
> putting together a framework a la jUnit, pyUnit etc?
>
> If so I'd be most interested to hear more.

The only unit testing I've done are ad hoc tests for complex handlers,
testing them in isolation before they get included in the code base.

But a framework for unit tests would be a great thing.

Jacque, Ken, and I at various times have daydreamed about putting
something like this together, which would ideally be in a form which
RunRev Ltd could also use, minimizing future regression errors.

But it's a lot of work, and thus far none of us have even begun on such
a critter.

If it was done in a way which allowed folks to share tests with others,
I'd happily contribute some.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal