OpenBase - WAS: Re: Filemaker through ODBC

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 06:28:01 EDT 2007

Hiya,

Anyone tried OpenBase (http://www.openbase.com/) as an alternative?
I'll admit I haven't used it much, but found performance much better
that FMP.

I have seen a very impressive POS made with it, can't recall the name.

Nice thing I noticed was that some functions are available as standard,
whereas they're plugins in FMP (like integrated email for instance,
although basic).

Cheers,

Luis.