Quicktime callbacks?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Nov 29 10:15:58 EST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 4:53 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Due to the fact that the QT on XP doesn't respect any of the SMIL
> extension commands when used with SMIL files, I'm having to roll my
> own timeslider with progress indicator.
>
> I was wondering if there are any undocumented QT callbacks I can use
> for this, or do I just have to handle the 'playStarted' and
> 'playStopped' messages and do a 'send in time' to update the position
> of the timeline slider?
>
> Thanks if anyone knows a better way to handle this...OR a way to
> display the timeline in a WinXP player object when opening a SMIL file
> (I'm pretty sure I've correctly used all the SMIL Extensions)

Chipp,

1) I'm not aware of any callbacks that Revolution exposes.

2) For my projects I just use send in time to monitor playback.

3) When you mention the SMIL extensions are you referring to the QT
ones mentioned at the url below?

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/IQ_InteractiveMovies/quicktimeandsmil/chapter_10_section_7.html

If so and you already tried <smil qt:time-slider="true"/> then I don't
know what else to try. If you have tried <smil qt:time-slider="true"/>
then see if it works for you.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems