Any suggestions on how to "onion skinning"?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Nov 28 22:32:41 EST 2007

This is sort of interesting:

if you simply take one of the color bytes of each pixel, and copy it
to the other two color bytes, you get a gray-scale result. The
brightness/contrast varies with which color you choose. For the few
images I've tried, it seems to be red =brighter/less contrast  to
blue= darker/more contrast. This may be no surprise to the pro image
wranglers among us, but seemed intriguing to me.

function MakeGS @indata ---- the imageData of the source image
    repeat with n = 1 to length(inData) - 3 step 4
       get char n+3 of inData  ---- blue byte, 1 for red, 2 for green
       put null & it & it & it after outData
    end repeat
    return outData
end MakeGS

and it runs perhaps twice as fast as taking an average.

Best,

Mark