Rev and video compression

Jack Rarick jrarick at hpsk12.net
Mon Nov 26 14:35:01 EST 2007

JB:

Maybe I'm not understanding your problem/need very well. Do you want
the end user, the person downloading your app, to be able to use your
app to import some video and then be able to export it into some other
format?  If that is the case I have NO idea what to suggest in a non-QT
world. The cool thing (okay, one of many cool things) about Trevor's
external is that you don't need QT PRO. That saves my users $29. All
they need to do is install the latest/greatest version of QT.

Sorry - wish I had a better answer.

Jack Rarick
Braintree Athletics

>>> jbv.silences at club-internet.fr 11/26/2007 2:25 PM >>>

Jack,

Thanks for the reply.
I guess it means that the solution works only with QT installed on the
user's
computer... which isn't always the case when the goal to achieve is to
offer a
small app to download from a website...
Any other solution ?

Thanks,
JB

> Yes.  We convert clips from iMovie (DV streams) to any format our
user
> chooses. We have had a lot of success with the H.264 Codec. This is
all
> based of course on the use of Trevors Quicktime External. It is
> absolutely the coolest rev/media tool we have seen. Keep in mind
however
> that the size of your file, regardless of your compression choice,
will
> be based on the size of the window that you set your initial video
to. A
> full sized window with H.264 will be much larger than a 400X300
window
> with H.264.

subscription preferences: