Re-2: answer folder "sdsds";launch document it

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 24 01:37:19 EST 2007

On 11/23/07 8:05 PM, "Mark Smith" <mark at maseurope.net> wrote:

> Just a bit of checking, and what seems to work on OS X is :
>
> on openInFinder pPath
>    get shell("open" && quote & pPath & quote) -- quotes are only
> necessary if there are spaces in pPath
> end openInFinder
>
> I'll bet there's a similar command on Windows.
>
> If you want to use applescript, I'm pretty sure you can just <replace
> "/" with ":" in somePath> before you insert in to your ascript. But
> the shell is probably simpler for this sort of thing.

Actually, Applescript is not quite as easy as replacing the "/"

The root drive expression is different
------ main hard drive ----------------------------
/Users/jault/Documents/FinkCommander.app/

Tiger130:Users:jault:Documents:FinkCommander.app:

/Volumes/mainHDG5/Users/jault/Documents/web/PShopErrorsLog.txt

mainHDG5:Users:jault:Documents:web:PShopErrorsLog.txt
Applescript always uses the drive name, Unix does not unless it is a mounted
drive, then it follows "Volumes/"

Jim Ault
Las Vegas