Setting paths to Externals

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Nov 23 23:12:21 EST 2007

Aloha Swami,

Revolution has some pre-defined places that it looks for externals. In
the case of standalones for Mac OS X, the engine will automatically
looks inside the externals folder inside the bundle. You don't need to
provide any clever path, just the file names.

When setting the external properties, try setting them by pairs, like:

("libKiosk.bundle" & cr & "libKiosk.dll" & cr &
"myOtherExternal.bundle" & cr & "myOtherExternal.dll")

I don't think you need to set the externals for RevBrowser, I think
rev takes care for that one. As for the pair thing above, thats not
written anywhere in the docs that you must set pair of externals for
each platform, it's just me telling you because I do this way and it
works fine for me.

:-D
Cheers
andre

So... building a Kiosk... I want to see it! :-D

Cheers
andre