Printing without margins

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Nov 21 13:30:09 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to print a card, starting at the topleft of a page. I have
created the following simple script to test printing.

on mouseUp
   set the backColor of this cd to "white"
   set the style of the templategraphic to rectangle
   if not (there is a grc 1) then create grc
   set the rect of last grc to the rect of this cd
   hide me
   set the printpapersize to (the width of this cd & comma & the
height of this cd)
   set the printmargins to 0,0,0,0
   open printing with dialog
   print this cd
   close printing
   show me
end mouseUp

Before running the script, I have created a custom paper size for my
printers, setting the printing area to the entire page and the
margins to 0.

If I run this script in Rev 2.6.1 on Mac OS 9, I get a square that
actually starts at position 0,0 on the paper. Printers that are
unable to print in the very margin don't print the topleft of the
rectangle, but the rectangle is still in the correct position.

On Mac OS X, using a postscript printer and cups printing to a PDF,
there is always a margin, no matter what I try. The rectangle has
been shifted to the bottom-right by almost a quarter of an inch. If I
print the same rectangle from within any other programme, there is no
margin and if I print to PDF, I can see the entire rectangle starting
at 0,0.

I found the following statement in the archives:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.revolution.user/54303
> The printmargins always begin at the spot on the page where the
> printer
> can start printing. If your printer imposes a 1" limitation on all
> edges, then setting a printmargin of another inch will get you two
> inches of white space.

I wonder whether this still applies and whether this is generally
considered a bug. There should be a way to consistently print on
different printers and different platforms. Does anyone know how?

Any ideas about printing from within Revolution on Mac OS X with
margins truely set to 0?

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier.
http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com