Size of array

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Nov 17 21:35:41 EST 2007

>In fact (note to shari), depending on your particular application,
>you may find it more efficient to have an array with 300 * 1000
>elements than to have an array with 300 elements of 1000 items each.
>Though rev's chunk expressions are extremely efficient, accessing
>the thousandth item in a list is generally going to be slower than
>accessing an array element, even in a big array.

Thanks for the tip.  I'm amazed at the size of your array!
Refreshing to know it works even that big!

At this juncture, I can arrange the array pretty much anyway I wish.
I hadn't considered the above, but it would work just fine that way.

Whatever allows for the fastest access is the goal.

How much memory did your huge array need?

Shari

--
WlND0WS and MAClNT0SH shareware games
BIackjack GoId